Welcome from We Can!
Go green in the spirit of Earth Day on April 22! We Can! encourages you to save energy by limiting your screen time. This spring, turn off those electronic devices and head outside to get more physical activity.
You'll notice we did our own spring cleaning in the We Can! eNewsletter, by creating a new design and offering you new topics. We hope you find it useful! To help you navigate the new eNewsletter, here is an overview of each section:
- We Can! Champion: Help us applaud outstanding individuals across the nation who are committed to making the We Can! program a success in their communities.
- Community Site Spotlights: Learn from successful community sites and find tips on how you can use their experiences to start, improve, or sustain your own We Can! activities.
- Partner Spotlight: See what local and national partners are doing on behalf of We Can!.
- You Asked, We Answered: Do you have questions about We Can!? Learn from these commonly-asked questions from community sites.
- In Other News: Stay up-to-date on We Can! news including trainings, materials, webinars, and more.
- Call for Stories: Do you know a great community site, champion, or partner to be featured in this eNewsletter? If so, contact your regional liaison (listed at the bottom of this eNewsletter).
As you do your own "spring cleaning," you may come across questions you have regarding We Can! materials. Our regional liaisons are here to help! If you need a general refresher about We Can!, consider participating in our brand-new We Can! Welcome Webinars. In this hour-long webinar, we will provide an overview of We Can! and our community site technical assistance offerings, review the starter kit, and address any questions you may have about the program. If this sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, please contact your regional liaison.
We Can! programming continues to expand as we help children maintain a healthy weight. Since you received the last eNewsletter, we've seen an increase in community sites in the South region. Do you live in these states? If so, we'd like to hear about what you're doing and how we might be able to help community sites work together. Share your story with your regional liaison.
In need of We Can! inspiration? Be sure to check out what community sites in California, Maine, and Illinois are doing to make healthy changes in their communities.
Community Site Spotlight
We Can! goes to school in Somerset County, Maine with teacher trainings and programming for elementary and middle school students. More »
Community Site Spotlight
There's something for everybody at Lake County Health Department with We Can!, according to one Chicago newspaper article! More »
"We Can! is a wonderful compliment to our programs. Our participants just love the materials — it's something different, it's cutting edge."
– ODS Health
We Can! Champion
We Can!'s Parent Program inspires partners, participation, and a doctoral dissertation for the Spring 2012 We Can! Champion at the University of San Diego. More »
An insurance company supports the health and wellness of its clients through We Can! programming.
Call for Stories
Is your community site implementing We Can! programs in unique ways? Did you host a We Can! event that had a great turnout? Is there a unique aspect of your program you are particularly proud of? If so, let us know! Contact your regional liaison for the opportunity to have your site featured in our next eNewsletter.